Save the Date(s)!
As a creative and colorful celebration of our common threads and our tight-knit community, A Little Bit of Everything has a little something for everyone.
on view Friday July 8 through Saturday July 30
NIAD Art Center Main Gallery
After a long hiatus, NIAD is bursting at the seams with bold and boundary-pushing fiber and fashion creations, collected in A Little Bit of Everything. One-of-a-kind garments, accessories, and undefinable fiber fabrications will be on display in all of NIAD’s 23rd Street Galleries for the month of July.
The Virtual Artist Talk + Live Walkthrough
Friday July 29, 1:00PM
Live-streamed on Zoom with ASL
Join us for a lively walkthrough and conversation with curators and artists involved in A Little Bit of Everything, broadcast live via zoom. Experience fashion at NIAD from the comfort of virtual space! ASL and captioning will be available. Send accessibility requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Runway Show
Saturday July 30, 1:00 to 4:00PM
NIAD Art Center and Live-streamed on Zoom with ASL
Food, drinks, music, art and fashion at NIAD!
See it all in motion on the NIAD runway in the culminating event of A Little Bit of Everything: Fashion + Fiber at NIAD.
The inclusive spirit of the title is woven through the event:
– Eight NIAD artists wearing one-of-a-kind designs by their NIAD colleagues will leave it all on the runway, emceed by Virtual Studio Director Dawline-Jane Oni-Eseleh.
– NIAD Studio Director Liam Golden will be spinning tunes as diverse and genre-defying as NIAD’s artists.
– The NIAD kitchen will offer a crowd-pleasing spread with bites for every palette.
– Famed local bartender Robin Biles will be serving up deliciously chill libations, including one specialty cocktail inspired by the day’s theme.
– NIAD’s fashion-forward new publication Me & My Gal and fiber-inspired artwork will be on sale at a special price in the studios.
Please wear your mask at all times and be prepared to show proof of vaccination.
The Book Launch
Thursday July 14 to Sunday July 17
SF Art Book Fair, Minnesota Street Projects
Produced and edited by former NIAD facilitator Nan Collymore, Me and My Gal “began as an idea to gather together some of the work being made by artists I’ve been working on textile projects with at NIAD.” The resulting publication serves as a brilliant reflection of what fashion means to NIAD artists: “Dressing each other as an act of care, beyond words. The fragility of bodies. Clothing as an armor, an extra skin.”
SFABF visitors will have early access to this limited first pressing. Contact email@example.com to place pre-orders.