Are you, your client, relative or friend a consumer of the Regional Center of the East Bay?
Please contact your case manager for a referral and have your most recent IPP and other documents sent to NIAD. Once NIAD staff has reviewed your files, you’ll be offered a tour and will be tentatively accepted into our program. Then you’ll be invited for a trial day at NIAD. During this visit you’ll discover the structure of the NIAD day, meet other client-artists, speak with faculty, and ideally, discover the pleasure of creating art in our studio.
If the trial day goes well, both you and NIAD’s Director of Client Services will contact your case manager at the RCEB who will secure the funding and assist you in arranging transportation. You will also need a current medical report and TB test to enroll. Once transportation and the medical paperwork are complete, a starting date will be selected.
Tuition is required to attend the program and enrollment availability is limited. Please contact the Director of Client Services for more information and to schedule a tour.
In either situation, please download and print a copy of our application, fill it out, and bring it to NIAD on your scheduled tour day.
This is important, NIAD Art Center does not…
- Administer medication to clients during the program.
- Accept clients with a history of aggressive behaviors towards others.
- Assist clients with daily toileting issues.
- Provide a lunch program or microwave for daily meal heating.
- Own a van for regular transport of clients.
- Have lockers for client-artists, so valuables should be left at home.