Inspire and facilitate artists who have developmental and other disabilities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide instruction in art in drawing, painting and/or mixed media.
- Set goals and evaluate client’s progress.
- Work with other staff to maintain studio safety.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Supplement studio instruction with field trips
- Work collaboratively with studio faculty, gallery director, volunteers, and support staff.
MFA, preferred, or equivalent experience as a working artist.
Prefer experience and/or sensitivity in working with people with disabilities.
Fluency in Spanish desirable
8:00am – 4:00pm with a 30-minute lunch break, three days a week, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
Ability to stand on concrete floor. Health care insurance, vacation and other benefits are provided after a probationary period.
About the organization
NIAD Art Center is a progressive art studio located on 23rd Street in Richmond. Its mission is to support up to 70 artists with disabilities by providing space, materials and support in making, exhibiting and selling art. For more information, visit the website at www.niadart.org .
To apply, send cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org before September 27, 2018 with Studio Instructor Position in the subject line. You may also mail the above to NIAD Art Center, 551 23rd Street, Richmond, CA 94804.